Photo of Sai De Silva from Scout The City.
We asked one of our favorite Brooklyn mamas to round up the gifts she loves most for the special little girl in your life. Brooke Lucks has some serious big girl fashion cred having been the Accessories Director of Cosmopolitan for 8 years, after a stint at Elle Magazine. She recently applied her accessory experience to the kids market launching a handmade whimsical jewelry line gemma + cleo, which makes customized liberty print necklaces and bracelets. By day she’s the Creative Director for twelveNYC, designing high profile private label collections and promotional merchandise for Fortune 500 companies. This creative mama has long been on my speed dial anytime I need a gift idea and now you can have her insight too.
These are darling gifts, we hope you like them!
- gemma + cleo customizable necklace. Inspired by my daughter Gemma, perfect gift for mother and daughter. This can also be customized to say whatever you want!
- Dana Haim Mobile – The colors in this mobile are perfection- soft without being overly sweet. I could never get sick of the pink tones and cream.
- Maileg bunnies – My sister and I call each other bunny so these are extra special to me. They are Gemma’s favorite toy.
- Little Cloud Crown – I love crowns for all girls and these are my favorite for dress up in lovely liberty prints.
- Pirasta “Food Fight” Really Big Coloring Poster
This “poster’ doubles as the perfect wallpaper for any noncommittal mom. Super easy to hang with neon painter’s tape. Color it in yourself for the perfectly coordinated colors or let your girls have their own fun.
- Nellystella Clover Dress Lavender – The cotton high waist with embroidery on this dress is darling! Perfectly cinched in all the right places.
- Mouche – There is nothing I love more than a little girl in a tutu with a t shirt, an oversized sweater or a bathing suit. A perfect whimsical gift.
- Tanabata Wooden Star Dominoes – Stars in a gold carrying bag. Sign me up. A toy that doubles as a beautiful room decoration. You won’t mind when they aren’t cleaned up.
- Meri Meri Embroidered Notecards– For the gal that loves stationary- these are stitched in neon thread and look so special and sweet.
10. Wovenplay featherband – This headband is simply the perfect combo of boho and whimsy. I love the neutral palate.
- MaypoleNYC Custom Felt Banner
This was my absolute favorite gift when I had Gemma. It hangs on the wall over her crib and makes me happy whenever I walk into her room. Completely customizable and so easy to hang with neon painter’s tape. A MUST!
- The Great Lakes Goods Acrylic and Wooden Blocks
If someone bought this for my daughter I would for sure let her keep them anywhere she wants. I love everything about them and this entire line is a gem.
- Jess Brown Dolls – Truly a work of art. These are the dolls you will cherish forever and never get rid of (or allow out of the house!)
14. Penny Skateboards these macaroon colored skateboards look good enough to eat!
You should have all the gifts you need and MORE now. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
To learn more about Brooke, check out her heymama profile here.