Coffee is fuel that gets us mamas up and at ’em, which (to be real) is a daily must for us on most days. Whether that’s to meet-up with fellow moms, discuss a business idea with your partner, or just to simply get out of the house, coffee is the cornerstone of so many motherhood moments. To celebrate National Coffee Day (hooray!), we’re sharing seven of our favorite places to get a pick-me-up in NYC. Check out the list below where you can get your brew on. Read on…
National Coffee Day Hot Spots in NYC
1. The Elk (West Village): The cutest coffeeshop in the West Village, the Elk features a cafe and store where you can grab a bite from their locally sourced menu or enjoy a cup of Joe. You’ll love the decor that gives off some serious laid-back vibes of the outdoors mixed with the owners Northwest style.
2. Toby’s Estate (Various in NYC): With locations throughout NYC (we love the Flaitron location), you definitly have to pop into Toby’s to enjoy some of their signature blends that are small batch roasted in Brooklyn. In addition to their amazing coffee, they also adhere to sustainable practices by working with farmers, co-ops and producers that respect the land (love that!).
3. Abraço Espresso (East Village): Inspired by the laid-back vibes in Spanish and Italian bars, this quaint coffeeshop is all about supplying delicious coffee and grown-up sweets like Cured Olive Oil cookies and Thyme Lemon Shortbread (yumtown!).
4. Café Grumpy (Various in NYC ): A quintessential NYC java spot, Café Grumpy has been serving java to tired parentals since they opened the doors to their first location in Greenpoint. With a focus on high-quality and socially-responsbile coffee, you can bet that you’ll have an incredible cup of coffee (and more!) at Café Grumpy.
5. Stonefruit Espresso (Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn): An awesome farm-to-table coffeeshop, you can expect a delicious local and seasonal menu as well as amazing coffees from Counter Culture. Plus, the decor is to die-for…
6. Black Star Bakery & Café (Williamsburg): We love the vibes at this neighborhood coffeeshop where you can get a traditional brew or speciality drinks like a Flat White or a Matcha Latte.
7. Bluestone Lane (Various in NYC): Bluestone Lane is a cult-favorite amongst coffee fiends, and rightfully so. A NYC hotspot inspired by Melbourne coffee culture, this café has locations all over Manhattan and Brooklyn, serving up Rainforest Alliance-sourced beans and tasty dishes to accompany your espresso drink of choice — whether that’s one of their delicious baked treats or their signature Brekkie Board (“brekkie” is Australian-speak for breakfast, both a meal and a lifestyle).
And for those not in NYC, check out brands that are doing their part like Caribou Coffee. Today (and the entire month of October), they will be donating 10% of purchases to CancerCare, a nonprofit organization offering support, education and financial assistance to those affected by cancer! Amazing, right? They also offer Amy’s Blend Light and Dark Roasts in honor of Amy Erickson, Caribou’s original Roastmaster, who lost her battle with breast cancer in 1995. Since 1995, Caribou Coffee has given approximately $2.75 million to cancer non-profits. Check out more here to learn more about their breast cancer incentives and where to purchase their coffees.
Where are some of your favorite spots to sip coffee in NYC? Share in the comment section below!