Every time we hang out with Birchbox co-founder and CEO Katia Beauchamp, we fall in love with her a little more. Not only does she have impeccable style, but she has an eagle eye for the next big trend in the beauty biz and we can always count on her to keep us looking our best. This mama to three has limited time so she’s mastered how to pull together a look in 10 minutes flat. Yaaas. At our recent Holiday Beauty Social at the NYC flagship store, Katia shared her favorite picks for hair (her obsession) as well as skincare and makeup. Luckily, these picks also make amazing gifts for your mama tribe and you might just want to buy another to keep for yourself. Read on to check out her top picks, plus our video featuring a breakdown of why she loves these finds.
Coolest Beauty Gifts for a Busy Mom
1. Oribe Purse Size Collection, $72: I love everything in the Oribe hair care line but now you can get all of the cult favorites in purse size! I keep the Gold Dust Dry Shampoo on heavy rotation and the other sprays are just as good at providing texture. You gotta love a product that smells as good as it performs.
2. Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser, $66: I love introducing this brand to moms (and moms-to-be) who are becoming more conscious about natural, thoughtfully-made products. The Cleanser is a great crowd-pleaser and once you try it, you’ll be stocking up on everything in the line. Everything is free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates as well as cruelty-free. Who wouldn’t love that?
3. GLAMGLOW Let it Glow! Volcasmic Set, $49: Masks are such an easy way to indulge in a little self-care and something most moms can fit in. I’m crazy about my skincare routine and GLAMGLOW is one of my must-haves.
4. ThisWorks Sleep Together Duo, $46: Do you remember back in the day when Bath & Body Works had a sleep spray? It was awesome then and this one is awesome now. It’s one of our bestsellers.
5. Limited Edition “Toast to the Host” box, $62: Anyone you gift this to will be so delighted. It’s just such a happy box – and I’m obsessed with the pineapple tumbler.
6. Eve Lom Ornament Cleanser, $24: I love the ritual of Eve Lom cleansers. They remind you to be gentle and not strip away too much. It’s so luxurious.
7. Lipstick Queen Transformative Trio, $25. This is like beauty candy. There’s a little magic to it as the colors change, but the hues are super subtle once applied, which makes it really approachable.
8. MAC Snowball Lip Bag in Nude, $39.50: One of the best nudes of all time. If you don’t have this, you should.
9. rms beauty luminizer holiday gift set, $86: Oooh, I love these. The natural formulation is great, and moms always want a glowy little pick-me-up.
10. amika Limited Edition Go Go Travel Set, $100: This is all about upgrading your travel experience. You need space for other things when you become a mom, and these tools have power but are more compact.
11. Birchbox Hairstyling Kit, $45: Some of us lead with our hair – you know who you are. This kit makes every day a good hair day.
12. Herbivore Botanicals Clarifying Duo, $29 plus Rose Hibiscus Face Mist, $32: I love this brand so much. The face mist is everything – it’s the last step of my skincare routine and it helps your makeup melt right into your skin. My kids always ask for a spritz when they see me using it.
13. LOC Effortless Eye Collection, $34: These pencils (plus your fingertip!) are all you need for an easy, doable smokey eye.
14. BirchboxMan The New Gentleman LTE, $58: For the man in your life who deserves the feeling when someone hands you a prosecco at a boutique.
15. Anything Sunday Riley, prices vary: That Good Genes lactic acid – holy sh*t. It’s one of the best investments, and you will be that in-the-know friend.
16. ARROW 5-Minute Beauty Kit, $16: ARROW is all about making you feel a little bit more polished and put-together, but in an effortless way. And isn’t that what we’re all looking for?
17. Gift subs, prices vary: I’ve always believed that even if you’re not obsessed with beauty, you still deserve to have a great experience discovering new products. A gift subscription is great for your busy friend who doesn’t have enough time to make sense of all of the options out there. We’ll send her five products a month, personalized to her specific hair and skincare needs, and she’ll think of you every time she gets that box in the mail.
Looking for more finds from Birchbox? Check out even more of their cool gifts for moms here.