This weekend was a busy one in the kids fashion world, both Playtime and ENK were taking place at the same time and the city was buzzing with designers in from all over the world to showcase their Spring ’16 collections. Playtime New York is the annual children’s fashion trade-show, and people come from far away lands to present their lines to buyers, press and bloggers.
We were blown away by the gorgeous lines and rounded up our favorite 5. Although the Spring collections won’t be out for a while, you can still shop the current styles now, and trust us when we tell you that it keeps on getting better!
- UltraViolet Kids – The California inspired and fashion forward line is a favorite amongst the chic toddler set, with cuts and fabrics that stand apart from the rest. We love Michelle Chapin’s personal style and how she reflects her brand, the muses she works with and her Spring line is just oh soo good!
2. Oaks of Acorn – The details make all the difference. This detailed and beautiful line is playful, elegant yet modern. We loved the Spring collection, and they are having a sale on their Summer items now. Check it out.
3. Gardner and The Gang – Cute with a hint of attitude is the tagline for this cult favorite. The playwear is fresh, edgy and looks like what Gwen Stefani’s kids would wear. Kristin Nystrom is the mastermind behind the line and was amazing to talk to, as Founder & Creative Director you can see she has a strong vision for the brand and it shines through. Get some of the Spring line on sale now and keep your eyes peeled for Fall/Spring!!
4. Louise Misha – One of our absolute faves, the French made line is feminine, boho, whimsical and with a high attention to the little details. It makes you think of never ending summers, picnics under the tree and biting into the first bit of watermelon on a hot summer day. The Spring collection was just gorgeous, with some of the best accessories we’ve seen!
5. OMAMINIMI Los Angeles – Have you ever felt something so soft you just needed to buy it immediately? This line stood out for the quality of the soft cotton. It was incredible, with cool and modern cuts to match. This playtime wear is both practical and stylish. We had the pleasure of meeting designer Ola Omami and it was clear the line is inspired by her personal style as well.