The Surf Lodge Lobster Roll
5 oz cooked lobster meat (tails, claws, and knuckles)
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp chopped scallions
1 tbs small dice celery
1 tsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
1 New England-style split top bun
1 tbs butter
- Start by mixing together the mayonnaise, Old Bay, scallions, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut the lobster into large bite-size chunks. Don’t go too small because everyone wants nice large chunks of lobster.
- Once you have the mayonnaise mixture ready, lightly fold the mixture into the lobster meat, being careful not to break down the lobster meat while mixing. Add a little mayonnaise at a time — you don’t want to add too much and lose the taste of the lobster!
- Fold in the diced celery and season more if necessary.
- Take the bun and toast the sides with butter in a non-stick sauté pan. You want the sides nice and golden brown, and the bun lightly warmed throughout its center.
- Take the lobster mixture and spoon it into the bun. Sprinkle with a little more Old bay seasoning on top.
- Serve with any number of sides — chips, French fries, side salad, and pickle spears are all great options. ENJOY!