Last Updated and effective as of: [2/26/2018]
What We Collect
When you visit the Site, we log and store your IP Address and technical information about your visit like your browser type and how you progressed through the Site, where you abandoned it, etc. (“Usage Information”).
When you join Heymama’s membership by completing the application form available here, we will collect each item of information on that application (collectively, “Application Info”), including the personal information (“PII”) and social media profile information you choose to input there (“Social Info”).
If you supply or upload photos, logos, images, text, or any other content in connection with your account or our Community page of our website, including PII, we refer to that as “Community Data” in this Policy.
When you purchase a membership, you create a login and password. You are fully responsible for keeping this login and password secure.
We may place a small piece of software referred to as a “cookie” on your computer to help us collect this information, and you can remove this and other cookies through your browser preferences menu, though the exact method varies depending on the type of browser you use. If you visit from a mobile device, we may reference your device identifier or other information about where your visit originated. This helps us, among other things, recognize you when you come back to the Site and pick up where we left off.
We also collect data from Google Analytics, and we may use this anonymous aggregate data to remarket to users via cookies. We use Facebook remarketing cookies on our site.
You can clear these and other cookies by emptying your browser’s cache through the browser preferences and/or setting.
How We Use It
Usage Data helps us monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Site, diagnose or fix technology problems, and otherwise plan for, improve and enhance our Site or our business operations. We may associate Usage Data we automatically collect with your Application Info if you become a member.
We may use the information we collect (including Application Info, Usage Data, and Community Data) to:
● process and complete your transactions including, as applicable, order confirmation, billing, enrollment in our membership or other programs, and delivering products;
● connect you with and otherwise allow you with access to member perks;
● log you into and out of your account and otherwise authenticate your access;
● customize the content and/or layout of our Site for each individual member, including providing you with personally tailored special offers, programs, and promotional information;
● contact members regarding their orders or accounts;
● register members to receive emails or other information or materials they request;
● respond to questions and comments and provide customer support;
● communicate with members about our promotions and other services, and provide information to you about programs, products, or services that we believe may be of interest to you, or share with you special offers from specially selected business partners of ours;
● operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
● enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements; and
● comply with applicable legal requirements or obligations and industry standards.
We may enable you to sign into the Site via social networks or access social networks through the Site. If you do so, your use of the social network is governed by such social network’s terms and conditions and privacy policies. If you sign into the Site via a social network or access a social network through the Site, or if you provide Social Profile Info through your application, you agree to grant us access to certain information from your social network profile, and agree that we may use it on your profile and otherwise as a part of Application Info. We may use this information to help you personalize your experience with the Site, to suggest new features and content that may be relevant to you, or for statistical or other business purposes.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may share Usage Data with our third party service providers in the course of our operations, affiliates of our business, or in connection with the display of first or third party advertising specific to your geographic location. We may also engage third parties to help us improve our business, such as analytics providers, and such parties may have access to aggregate or individual Usage Data.
Third Party Sharing. In the ordinary course of our business we may share Application Info as follows:
● with our affiliates (meaning entities controlled by, controlling or under common control with us). You are consenting to this sharing. We may also combine information internally across different Services.
● to carry out your instructions (for example, to process a perk request) or where we have your specific consent.
● to administer and track usage of member benefits;
● to allow third parties to target advertisements that may be of interest to you;
● with our third party vendors (such as a cloud hosting provider or security service) where such sharing is necessary for us to optimize, secure, or deliver the Services to you;
● to conduct research and development for the improvement of our Services.
We care about the security of your information and use commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and, in some cases, share with our service providers. Because of the nature of our Site, WE DO NOT CURRENTLY ENCRYPT ANY TRANSMISSIONS TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE IN ANY MANNER. IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THE UNENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION OF THE INFORMATION DESCRIBED HEREIN, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT INFORMATION TO US THROUGH THE SITE. While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches, no website or internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or other breach will never occur. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Do Not Track
Your activity on the Site does not allow us to recognize or acknowledge Do Not Track signals, though our registration process and services are secured according to specific contractual promises. Do not transmit any sensitive or personal information using the Site other than as directed to become a member.
Third Party Links
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, suppliers, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any PII directly with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Minors under 18 are not permitted to use our Site and we do not intentionally collect information from minors under 13. If you believe we have collected any personal information from a child younger than 13 years of age, please notify us immediately at email@example.com and we will do anything reasonably possible to remove that information from our systems.
Contact Us and Accessing Your Information
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, or if you wish to remove any of your Personal Information from our records please contact us at either:
442 Lorimer St. #179
Brooklyn NY 11206
Note that we do not have identifying information on file for most users, only members. We can only remove PII actually in our possession, and maintaining your member profile information is necessary for the continued use of our Site and Services..
Please note: Information you have shared with others on our Community page, or that others have copied, may also remain visible after you have closed your account or deleted the information from your own profile.